Monday, November 12, 2007

First Video



I never really watched music videos as a child and I’m sure that I saw several videos before this one but I really can’t recall any of them. However the first time I saw this video it stuck with me and I haven’t forgot how I felt to this day. The first time I saw the video “Watching You” by Rodney Atkins I felt a feeling that I had never felt before. It made me realize how special a relationship between a father and his son truly is. I began to notice the things I did to be just like my dad and how much I looked up to him as a role model. When I saw this video I was already in high school and well past the times that this video shows. But I realized how much I still strive to be just like my dad in every way I can.

I think that a father is the one person that a son looks up to most and no matter how aware of it either of them are growing up and building a strong relationship is the most important thing that a kid can have. It is also equally important for a dad to have this bond with his kid and thrives off of it just as much as the child does. It is an irreplaceable feeling and no one who hasn’t experienced it can ever feel the same bond shared between a father and son. From sharing laughs and creating memories to getting through the tough times together a father and son should have a tie that can’t be altered by any obstacle face in life. This video shows how a son looks up to his dad in every way and will do anything to be just like him.